Don't search for jobs, create jobs - Become Self-Reliant.
Start the Business of Your Dreams for a Successful Future
Do you need help choosing a profitable and successful online business idea to start as a beginner entrepreneur? Are you a teen, student, or individual looking for low-cost and high-profit online business ideas? Or perhaps you want to launch an online business from home since you are a woman or homemaker. Is it true that a 9 to 5 work won’t let you use your expertise?
You may want to start however have no idea how to start or what to sell. Be at ease. We have got your back!
However, how do you decide which online business is profitable to launch if you have no prior business or entrepreneurial experience? Well, you can establish a variety of online businesses as a beginner.
Here are some best business ideas to help you start your online startup, freelance, or small business as a beginner
The online business ideas in the below-mentioned sections are not limited to any group or gender or geography. Regardless, of whether you are from the United States, The United Kingdom, Canada, India, Germany, or Australia – you name it.
Whether you are a woman, stay-at-home mom, teen, student, or beginner, you must read all of the online business ideas, and one of them might inspire you to start your dream startup, small business, or freelance business.
Additionally, you are just beginning your entrepreneurial journey as a beginner. Let me explain how the economy’s various industries and business sectors are separated. You should be aware of this it may help to ease the process of choosing the best successful business idea that meets your abilities, values, and desire to impact people’s lives.
Step 1 – The first step as a beginner in your entrepreneurship journey is to choose the sector that best fits your personality and skill set. Below mentioned are the 4 major sectors of the economy.
Primary Sector – Business or startup beginners in the primary sector engage in activities that use natural resources and sell them to consumers or other businesses. So, if you as a beginner want to start with something profitable and closely related to nature, your business will fall under the primary sector. This sector is best suited for beginners or first-time entrepreneurs residing in small town, remote or rural areas, villages, or have close relationships with nature. You can set up your successful online store and offer your products directly to consumers or other businesses to generate profit. So, below are some examples of the primary sector:
- Farming: Crop, Dairy, Poultry, Grassland
Secondary Sector – Companies or businesses in the secondary sector include those involved in processing, manufacturing, and building. The secondary sector manufactures finished usable products from natural sources produced in the primary sector. Therefore, if you are a beginner in business that begins with acquiring raw materials (natural resources) from the primary sector and processes, builds, or creates your product and sells online to earn a profit, it will be in the secondary sector, you can also start with less or close to zero investment. Below are some best examples of the secondary sector:
- Automobile production (it takes investment)
- Food processing (budget varies, can start with less investment)
- Plastic Manufacturing (it takes investment)
- Textile (budget varies, can start with less investment)
- Chemical (budget varies, can start with less investment)
- Craft (budget varies, can start with less investment)
Tertiary sector – The Tertiary sector provides services to businesses and customers through selling products created by organizations in the secondary sector. Every single good or service we use every day is provided by the tertiary sector.
- Consumer Goods
- Transportation & Distribution
- Hotels & Restaurants
- Travel & Tourism
- Insurance Services
- Legal Services
Quaternary Sector – Businesses involved in intellectual activities and pursuits are included in the quaternary sector. Here are a few profitable and successful business examples in the quaternary sector. Also, you can start a few of them from home and expand them later.
- Research & Development
- Information technology (IT)
- Consulting Services
- Financial planning
- Data generation
- Designing & Development
Step 2 – The next step is to choose an industry that fits within the sector you have decided to pursue for your startup or small business. Some examples are given below.
Step 3 – Then, the third step is to figure out the line of business, as this will determine what direction you need to take.
Bags & Purses
Step 4- The next step is selecting the domain area within your line of business. Although it’s entirely up to you, picking a domain area or niche or micro niche isn’t required.
Therefore, as a beginner entrepreneur, it is entirely up to you how you want to get started. However, to deliver you a fuller view, examples of domain or functional areas within the line of business are mentioned below:
Bags & Purses
low calorie meals
Step 5 – Finally, determine your niche or micro niche within your selected domain area. As I mentioned above it is not mandatory. However, if you have limited resources or specialized expertise you can definitely consider the niche or micro niche within the domain area.
Here are some niche examples within the domain area:
For Indoor plant
Bags & Purses
Social Media Management
low calorie meals
Fast Cooking Meals
Also, Here are some micro-niche examples within the niche:
For Indoor plant
made with flowers
or college girls
Social Media Management
Social Media Advertsing
low calorie meals
Fast Cooking Meals
Though, it’s not mandatory as I mentioned above. For instance, businesses like Amazon and Walmart aren’t domain- or niche-specific. As a beginner, you can start your small business or startup in any line of business or domain area. Since, narrowing down your focus depends on a variety of factors, including resources, budget, skill set, timeline, and more.
Furthermore, I'll share some successful online business ideas for women or stay-at-home moms.
Though below mentioned online business ideas aren't limited to any specific gender or group, anyone can consider them for their startups or small businesses.
On the internet, there is an opportunity for everyone. Women are now making the most of their time at home by starting their online businesses. The best online startup business ideas for women from home are ones that require low to no start-up investment and can be managed remotely. You could consider any line of business, however as I mentioned above that should fit your personality, resources, and expertise.
- Find a local or global wholesale partner and sell products or services on Etsy, Amazon Store, or your e-commerce store from home with no or little investment and high profit.
- Textile – Craft, clothing, jewelry, cosmetics, and décor are also great industries to try; find sources and sell through eCommerce or social media from home.
- Become an affiliate or franchise partner of any business or organization and earn a commission with no or zero investment. That you can make a lot of money while sitting at home. To begin with, just use social media (YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Quora, etc.) to market.
- If you have a pleasant voice, you might want to consider working as a virtual assistant.
- You can also start your marketing agency small business from home if you have a passion for marketing.
- Event planning is another excellent option to consider because they require little or no investment and can earn millions from your startup or small business. Moreover, you can start your small business from home.
- Provide daily life advice that may assist others in their time of need.
- You can share cooking tips if you are good at cooking.
- Teaching a language online is also the best idea for small businesses.
- Writing and selling an e-book is another best small business idea to start from home.
- You can start an online grooming service.
- Also, you can start your cloud kitchen startup. Many have tried, even in the comfort of their own home.
- There are numerous opportunities in the education industry; you can begin providing tips and tricks in any domain area or niche. Thanks to social media, you can do all of this for free from the comfort of your home. When you’re happy with the results, you could consider selling an online course and making millions.
- You could also consider working as a coach or consultant in any industry. You must look within to discover your domain area or niche that will bring you success and profit.
Being a woman doesn’t mean you have limited options. The possibilities are endless when you’re not constrained to a certain location and earn millions. So, what is the easiest business to get started with? That’s up to you! The ease of entry varies depending on your goals, expertise, and the authenticity you would bring to the table. However, with the right guidance, knowledge, and ambition, any woman can succeed in running her online startup, freelance, or small business from home and expand later per their choice.
The online startup business ideas above will help you get started. Online business Ideas are not limited to the women section; the entire writing is dense with many ideas. Also, consider all the opportunities presented below to students or others; something may click, and if any startup or small business idea appears promising, now is the time to get started!
Let's discuss some best online business ideas for students or teens. You can start your small business while studying from your home.
Online business ideas are an excellent way of improving your income and earning millions part-time while attending school. This is because that allows you to work around your class schedule and earn some passive income. And, you can complete your studies or courses at your own pace. Furthermore, you can work on your business ideas on weekends from the comfort of your home or after classes and earn passive income. Some popular online business ideas for students or teens are mentioned below –
The following ideas are appropriate for individuals of all ages, from 10 to 18 years of age. Perhaps, It can be executed with the assistance of your parents or other close connections. (That would help you to pursue your passion without making an adverse impact on your studies). Though it’s not restricted to students or teens. Anyone can consider the idea to start a startup or small or freelance business.
- Web Designing
- Graphics Designing
- Vlogging (Your life journey that may inspire others)
- Products, or Books reviewer on social media or blog
- Sharing gaming tips & tricks on social media
- Ask your mother or grandmother or any close connection if they can provide you with some tips on how to help others with their problems in any area of life; social media is free and requires zero or no investment.
- Teaching, if you are good at studies, offer some advice to students of your age. Above all, you can earn more money by teaching them virtually. Or you can share tips that how you manage your time and stay on top of your studies.
- Sell handmade crafts
- Sell digital designs
- If you have strong programming skills, you can create apps and software for customers. You can start freelancing using Fiver from the comfort of your home and expand your small business gradually as it grows; platforms are not limited.
Online businesses can be rewarding and profitable, as well as a great way to learn new skills. As I previously stated, there is no sectional restriction ( age, geographic, etc.) on startup or small business ideas. You can also consider any of the below-mentioned online business ideas. The entire text is jam-packed with profitable business ideas.
Furthermore, I would like to discuss some online startups or small business ideas for small-town or rural remote areas
As I mentioned earlier, opportunities are available to everyone; we just need to understand the available sources and the authenticity that we can only bring to the world. You can consider all the successful online startups or small business ideas mentioned from the beginning. If you are very close to nature and want to prioritize the primary sector. Analyze the market and act accordingly. Additionally, below are a few ideas to consider:
- Starting a YouTube channel
- A podcast
- Selling handmade crafts and décor as a small business
- Weaving and sewing, are the best small business ideas to consider
- Spread awareness about specific needs using a blog or social media
- Any activity that entertains people;
However, online business ideas are not limited and can begin in a small town, village, rural, or remote area. If you want to consider the Quaternary sector, you will need the internet, almost no investment, and high profit. You only need your intellect to win and can start your own business from the comfort of your home.
Here are a few startup success stories that had a significant impact on their specific business sectors or industries.
Regardless of whether you are a freelancer or a beginner in entrepreneurship, any of the stories may help you to create your own story.
- Industry – Digital Marketing – Social Media Management
- Offerings – Social Media Management Tool
- Website – https://linktr.ee/
Linktree was created to make it simple for influencers and content creators to share their work across platforms with just one click. A Linktree link branches out to show all of a creator’s pages in one straightforward display, saving subscribers from having to laboriously search through various platforms to find their page.
Linktree helps to create and customize your bio link in a few minutes. Connect your websites, stores, podcasts, social media accounts, music, videos, and events.
- Industry – Mobility – Transport
- Offerings – Ride services
- Website- https://www.uber.com/us/en/about/uber-offerings
Uber is a technology company whose mission is to reimagine the way the world moves for the better. Uber technology helps develop and maintain multisided platforms that match consumers looking for rides and independent providers of ride services, as well as with other forms of transportation, including public transit, bikes, and scooters.
Uber also connects consumers and restaurants, grocers, and other merchants so they can buy and sell meals, groceries, and other items, then we match them with independent delivery service providers. Plus, Uber connects shippers and carriers in the freight industry.
- Industry – Hotels & Home – franchise model. It involved partnering with hotels
- Offerings – Room Service
- Website- https://www.oyorooms.com/us/, https://www.oyorooms.com/
Oyo, with operations in more than 800 cities across 80 countries, including India, the US, China, Europe, China, and others, has made a name for itself as one of the biggest hotel and hospitality chains in the world.
For Ritesh, who began his journey to becoming one of the best entrepreneur success stories as a teenager, Airbnb was the biggest source of inspiration.
- Business Model – E-commerce, Inventory Model
- Offerings – Women Fashion & Beauty
- Website- https://www.nykaa.com
IIM- Falguni Nayar, a former student, left her 9–5 position at the age of 50 to pursue her dream of starting Nykaa. In this model, the goods are bought by brands and distributors, then they are sold straight to the customers. This contrasts with a marketplace model where third-party sellers list the products.
This enables Nykaa to maintain a tighter grip on its products and helps them steer clear of any fake goods that might otherwise end up on the platform.
- Industry – Hosting Service – Entertainment
- Offerings – Content
- Website- https://www.fandom.com/
The largest wiki in the world for gaming, fantasy, and entertainment culture is called Fandom and is known as a “nerd’s paradise.”
- Industry – Education – E-learning
- Offerings – Tutor Service
- Website- https://preply.com/
Preply is a growing rapidly one-on-one language tutoring service. Students can choose tutors from over 185 countries to help them learn anything from Chinese to English thanks to a platform modeled after a marketplace like Upwork.
Preply has an impressive user base of over 100,000 monthly students and 50,000 tutors registered to teach.
- Business Model – Ecommerce
- Offerings – Selling digital products
- Website- https://gumroad.com/
In the past, it has been difficult for digital creators to make money from their audiences. Over 120,000 creators who have sold over $688 million on Gumroad have found success there.
Their platform enables creators to sell anything, including cookbooks and blog posts. Due to the surge in interest in the platform, Gumroad has started a blog, a “university,” and a podcast.
- Industry – Education – E-Learning
- Offerings – Tutor Service
- Website- https://byjus.com/about-us/
Byju’s began as a simple e-learning platform but has developed into one of India’s most well-known and reliable ed-tech companies.
- Industry – FoodTech
- Offerings- – Grocery & daily essential supply
https://www.swiggy.com/, https://www.swiggy.com/swiggy-genie, https://www.swiggy.com/swiggy-instamart
The wildly popular food delivery service has distinguished itself as one of the inspiring success stories that began in its Bengaluru neighborhood, where only 25 partner restaurants could cover the needs of six delivery executives.
What more could a foodie want than to have their favorite meals from their favorite restaurants delivered to them wherever they are in just 30 minutes?!
- Industry – Consumer Goods – Retail E-commerce
- Offerings – Grocery – Organic produce boxes, items that might otherwise go to waste
- Website- https://www.misfitsmarket.com
Providing an organic meal delivery service with fresh fruits and vegetables while reducing food waste. Misfits Market is committed to reducing the cycle of food waste and increasing access to high-quality, affordable food.
To save organic produce and other grocery items that might otherwise go to waste, we directly collaborate with farmers and makers.
- Industry – Technology – SaaS
- Offerings – Children Management Software / App
- Website- https://mybrightwheel.com/
It is by no means simple to manage a daycare or preschool. Daycare center staff must manage attendance, balance lesson plans, and calm worried parents while doing it all. Brightwheel saw a chance and created its SaaS product to essentially handle every aspect of running a childcare facility.
Millions of families and thousands of educators around the world trust Brightwheel, making it the most adored technology brand in early education.
Bombay Shaving Company
- Business Model – Personal Care & Grooming
- Offerings – Men’s Grooming
- Website- https://bombayshavingcompany.com
Successful Indian startup Bombay Shaving specializes in creating a range of skincare, beard care, and shaving products. Men’s grooming, personal care, shampoo, beard care, skincare, and homemade soap are the areas of expertise for the brand.
- Industry – Finance, Stock Exchange
- Offerings – Low Brokerage Trading
- Website- https://zerodha.com/
The company primarily employs the concept of discount broking, which entails charging a minimal commission or low brokerage on transactions to entice investors to use this platform.
Due to its reputation among traders, Zerodha has amassed a clientele of more than 1 million, making it the largest stockbroker in terms of clients.
- Industry – FoodTech
- Offerings – Healthy Snack
- Website- https://epigamiastore.com/
India’s first branded plant-based yogurt made with coconut milk has been introduced by Epigamia. Epigamia is a high-end natural plant-based Greek yogurt that encourages one cup of healthy living.
Epigamia is a brand of all-natural Greek yogurt with success stories that promote a secure way of life one cup at a time.
Here are a few small businesses that were founded using a YouTube channel as their foundation.
- Industry – Art & Craft
- Offerings – Paintings – Digital Content
- Website- https://www.youtube.com/@ashleighKing
Ashleigh, an artistic person, discusses her artistic journey using social media. She recently launched her own small business and began selling her artwork online.
- Industry – Art & Craft
- Offerings – Craft
- Website- https://www.youtube.com/@resincrafts1014
Online content is produced by a Resin Artist who also sells her work. That inspires any teen or student to launch a small business and lead the life of their dreams.
- Industry – Apparel
- Offerings – Clothing
- Website- https://www.youtube.com/@overthinkerapparel
Overthinker Apparel is a small business, a women-owned clothing company started a year ago that Kayla and her mother currently manage from their home. In addition to graphic t-shirts, they produce sweatshirts with embroidery. They may inspire you to start your own dream life.
- Industry – Digital Marketing – social media
- Offerings –Educational content, Stationery, and more
- Website- https://www.youtube.com/@annikasleaf/
Annika shares her daily life and educational content on a variety of subjects, including cooking, decorating an apartment, and more. She started her small online studio. This an excellent business idea for students and teenagers.
Let's wrap up
There are many potential online business ideas to start as a beginner. To make a difference in this world, you must recognize your special qualities. Copying or competing with others could hamper your life’s purpose or goals and lead to failure. If something works for someone else, it doesn’t necessarily mean it will work for you as well. You have a unique quality and are authentic. So, be flexible, find your place in this fast-paced world, and make an impact. I wish you luck and success on your new journey.
Quickstart Your Business, Unlock Your Potential
Talk to the Guide, Start in Mins.
Vanessa is the founder of BisYougee. She earned a master's degree in business administration and worked for 500 Fortune companies. she loves writing about business, her life experiences, learning, and exposure to the outside world to support entities, both personally and professionally, in achieving more in their undertakings.